Wednesday 25 April 2012

Favourites of the Day: April 25th



1. Game of Thrones:
I am currently obsessed with this show! It is AMAZING! If you haven't seen it yet, you must watch the first season (it's on season 2 right now - just started a few weeks ago). Each season is only about 10 or 12 episodes I think. It's put on my HBO which I find do an amazing job on most shows (most of my favourite shows are on the HBO network). The show must have a movie-type budget because the costumes/acting/cinematography/music/locations/etc are all amazing! Every episode feels like watching a movie! There are about 10 different story lines and they are all somewhat connected - so the show jumps back and forth between them. It's really hard to describe what it's about because it's actually pretty complicated. You can probably watch a trailer for the 1st season online though :) The books are apparently told the same way - with each chapter being told from the perspective of a different character. So it's different from most books/tv shows in that there are about 50 main characters! There are 7 books I think (or 6?) - I haven't read them yet but plan on doing so this summer! Have you watched Game of Thrones? Have you read the books? Do you like them?

2. Pretty Flasks:
I'm all about the details. I'm also all about old-man drinks like whiskey and bourbon. The idea of having a beautiful, feminine flask to counterpose the fact that I'm drinking whiskey or bourbon is perfect. I also love the old, antique feel of flasks in general - no matter what you are filling them with! They somehow feel rough and tough and elegant all at the same time - especially when you have a pretty design like this one! I'm in the market for one of these - so if any of you know where to find intricately decorated flasks - let me know!

3. Chandeliers:
 I've always wanted a chandelier, ever since I was a little girl. I still don't have one...but one day. They are so delicate and feminine. They come with a feel of elegance and luxury which I love. I also love the historic/antique feel - especially when juxtaposed with a modern interior. A chandelier in the bedroom would be perfect.  Too bad elegance and luxury costs so much....

  
4. The Shins - Phantom Limb:
This song isn't new - but has been on repeat as of late. The Shins are great, and this song is no exception. The last min of the song is my favourite part . I hope you like it! What are some of your favourite bands? Or songs? Do you have any recommendations?

Photo from Pinterest

5. Kimono Jackets:
After seeing several photos on Pinterest, I've been lusting after a pretty short Kimono jacket for a while. I love the idea of something a little different from a sweater or a blazer as a cover up. Problem: Where does one find a Kimono outside of Japan!? If any one knows where to find one - let me know! Also, what is your take on Kimono Jackets?


9 comments:

  1. I think these are some great things to be all about. I've heard such good things about Game of Thrones and I'm really considering reading them before I attempt the show. ALSO, the flask is wonderful =)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call, I've heard the books are even better than the show - and the show is amazing! I can't wait to read them :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! LOVE your blog and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Game Of Thrones! I'm totally obsessed with that show...I just can't get enough! Thank you for following my blog Luv! I appreciate it! Definitely following you back! XO :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad I found your blog!

      Delete
  3. everyone is talking about Game of Thrones! I want to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! My bf has read them all and insists they are better than the show (which I am obsessed with) so I'm going to start reading them soon too! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm addicted to Game of Thrones too, best show ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Game of Thrones is one of the best shows ever!! :-)

    xx
    Nelly
    http://e-fashiondiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely, I love Game of Thrones!!! yesterday saw the premiere of second Season!!
    and I like kimono jackets!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ reading all your comments & always try to reply to them all, so check back within a couple days!!